AkzoNobel Pulp and Performance Chemicals (PPC) is a leading global organization in pulp technology, colloidal silica and expandable microspheres. We offer innovative and sustainable products and technologies that are widely used by customers in a variety of industrial applications. Performance Chemicals operate four product lines: Expancel, Levasil, Kromasil and Fine Chemicals. Our headquarters are located in Bohus, Sweden.
As Sales Manager EMEA for our Business Line Expancel you are responsible for a substantial part of the global sales of Expancel. Your role will be to guide the EMEA team with respect to market segment strategy execution, margin management, and sales channel optimization in Europe, Africa, and Middle East.
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Lead a team of account managers and sales support resources. This team develop markets and sells product of the Expancel portfolio to customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Manage the customer base which includes both regular accounts, major distributors, and accounts with high potential for future business.
- Is accountable for the short and long term sales results and profitability that are in line with annual budgets and 5 year plans .
- Is part of the Global Expancel Business Team and therewith contributes to the global business strategy and designs and implement the sales plan for the region in alignment with the global strategy for the business.
- Consolidates the regional demand and liaises with global S&OP in order to make sure both short and long term product demand for the region is met.
- Master´s Degree or equivalent in chemistry, chemical engineering, or business administration.
- At least 5 years' sales experience from B2B in chemical industry, preferably on an international level.
- Previous people management experience with a profound interest in developing people and teams.
- Good understanding of supply chain and internal service processes.
- Excellent language skills, oral and in writing in English.
To be successful in this position you are a collaborative cross-functional team player with excellent communication skills, such as probing, listening and presenting. It is important that you can handle a changing environment and that you embody passion, the ambition to drive for results, discipline, optimism, and an open mindset. What can AkzoNobel offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Director Marketing & Sales Expancel and based in Bohus, Sweden. Other possible locations are Stockvik, Amsterdam/NL or Cologne/DE. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Sylvia Winkel Pettersson, Director Marketing & Sales Expancel, +46 709 57 77 81.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Åsa Stafström, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 709 57 76 45.For unions related questions please contact:
Ledarna: Ronny Knutsson +46 31 58 70 00
Akademikerna/Sveriges Ingenjörer: Emma Lundin +46 31 58 70 00
Unionen: Heléne Rosenlund +46 31 58 70 00
If you have any general questions about your application or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@akzonobel.com
We are looking forward to your application!More about the business
Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, and personal care items. Building on the dedication of our employees and our shared commitment to safety, sustainability, and open innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry leading brands includes Eka and Berol.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.