We have an opening for a technical support scientist/researcher with a passion for personal care products, fragrances, hair styling and cosmetics. Among other things you will learn about consumer research and how to create innovative personal care and haircare formulations. You will support sales teams and primarily work in short-term projects such as home use testing and skin corneometry testing. The knowledge and skills you will get here can help you develop towards more customer facing roles.
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- As part of an established team you will work principally in the lab to create prototype formulations that demonstrate the benefits of AkzoNobel products in Personal Care and Hair Styling formulations.
- You will collaborate with the sales team to convert sales leads to in-market products for our multinational and regional customers.
- You will be responsible for providing day-to-day technical support to customers in the areas of formulation, scale-up and manufacture.
- Develop and implement claim support methodologies.
- Responsible for the analysis and reporting of data from investigations and analytical tasks in databases and oral/written reports.
- Support introduction of new ingredients for personal care and hair styling products to the market. Participate in projects that lead to new or improved ingredient technologies by providing feedback to Global R&D product development teams.
- Maintain and promote a safe work environment, comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Follow safe work practices for personal and equipment safety, in both the laboratory and in the field. End results are zero or minimum safety incidents and a clean, orderly working environment.
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
- MSc or BSc in Chemistry, Skin Biology or Cosmetic Technology.
- Scientific background in chemical, biological or surface sciences.
- Lab formulations and/or testing skills. Ideally with experience in claim support for consumer goods. Awareness of common lab safety practices.
- Well versed with computer knowledge and excellent presentations skills.
- Networking with Academia and research institutes is a preferred qualification.
If you share our values and ambitions, we can give you a career where your knowledge and ambitions will be recognized and rewarded. You will be working in an international environment with many possibilities to develop, both personally and professionally. You will be offered interesting and challenging projects that open your view and challenges your enterprise. You will be working with likeminded people that share your attitude and enthusiasm. By working for AkzoNobel you will also help us to achieve our ambition - to be the first choice by our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.Additional information
This is a permanent position on a full time basis, reporting to the Personal Care and Hair Styling Section Manager, EMEIA and based in Stenungsund. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Richard Giles, Personal Care and Hair Styling Section Manager, EMEIA, +46 733 85 51 63.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Åsa Stafström, Talent Resourcing Partner, +46 709 57 76 45.For unions related questions please contact:
Sveriges Ingenjörer Anna-Lena Palm +46 303 851 13
Unionen Magnus Svensson +46 303 858 38
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@akzonobel.com
We are looking forward to your application!More about the business
Surface Chemistry a business unit of AkzoNobel, operates in 50 countries, employing over 1500 people. Based in Chicago, IL, United States, with regional marketing centers in Bridgewater, NJ, United States, Singapore and Stenungsund, Sweden, we are leading supplier of specialty surfactants and synthetic and bio-polymers additives. Using a combination of Chemical expertise, process technology and application know-how, we solve problems for a multitude of manufacturers and formulators. We service a wide range of industries including agro, asphalt, cleaning, fabric care, mining, personal care and petroleum.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.