Being a digital consumer company, we are extremely close to our end users. We share not only their joy, but also their pain. Our mission is to convert their pains to endless joy, piece-by-piece, day-by-day.
Our aim is to combine content, data and technology in a magical way to customize the learning experience of each individual user, irrespective of their age.
We are now looking for a CTO to lead our two amazing development teams. Our two teams are highly autonomous, where Data Scientists, QA Engineers, UX/UI designers and Software Engineers work closely together in all phases from idea to post-release analysis. Your role will be to lead and support the teams, both in reaching their short-term and long-term goals.
As a CTO, you will hold the responsibility of setting the technology strategy, and linking it to the business strategy. You will be part of the management team together with colleagues from Marketing and Product.
The company has three products today serving the customer journey:
- The website (www.hejalbert.se)
- Our junior app for younger children (ages 3-9)
- Our senior app for older children (10-16)
- Create a relation based purely on mutual trust with the team members. Conduct regular 1:1s to keep fostering this relation
- Be the translator from business to technology and technology to business
- Own the architecture including security, monitoring, scalability, and performance
- Responsible for attracting, hiring and retaining talent
- Make sure teams are continuously evolving their usage of TDD, Clean Code, and code reviewing/pair-programming
- Make sure that the technical decisions are taken by the team and they take the ownership of those decisions
- Help the team in defining the right scope with data-driven development
- Define support schedule for the team
- Use your experience to guide the team when they need assistance
Some of the technologies we play around with on a daily basis:Website
Our app for the older ones
- Node.js for back-end
- 3rd party services for payment, email, analytics, SMS, etc.
Our app for the younger ones
- React Native
- Node.js for back-end
- NoSQL databases: Firebase, Mongo, CouchDB
- Python for data analysis
- PHP (Laravel)
One common characteristic of any Albert family member is that we love the idea of using our impressive devotion to make the world a better place. With 12 different nationalities and a high level of diversity in all dimensions, we promise no day will be like the other.
We offer a market based salary and possibilities for ownership through an option program.
Join us on our journey, and we'll make sure you will have a blast!Who we think you are
- Experienced servant-leader that has a genuine wish to grow the people around her/him
- Strong programming or system design skills in order to be able to facilitate technical discussions
- Minimum 3 years experience from building and leading development teams working in agile processes
- A person who wants to use her/his vast experience in teaching children mathematics