You will join one of the worlds most reputable organisations (voted top employer 4 years in a row) to manage and develop the Nordic finance function. Along side the European Finance Director, you will ensure financial reporting excellency and will play an integral part in process improvement, region-wide.
On behalf of our client, Michael Page are looking to interview professionals with strong business acumen to join the European team as Finance Manager - Nordics. The main task of the role is to drive financial performance and develop the Nordic financial department.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for monthly management accounts under USGAAP
- To ensure that all information required from the offshore finance team is received in a timely fashion and in accordance with accounting requirements.
- Review of the monthly bank reconciliations and ensure items are cleared timely
- Ownership of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations ensuring timely upload into system
- To work alongside the European Finance Director in preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end financial reporting.
- Co-ordination of annual statutory audits including liaison with offshore finance teams
- Oversee submission of the monthly / quarterly VAT returns & statistical declarations
- To prepare adhoc analysis as and when required by the business or the finance teams.
- To be involved in all systems and process initiatives that affect or influence the European finance function.
- Ad-hoc project work as required.
Before applying, please consider the below requirements. If you fit the profile, and would like to learn more, feel free to apply.Requirements:
- Relevant tertiary education (e.g. Degree in Finance)
- Over 5 years of relevant experience within an international environment
- Accounting principles knowledge ideally including USGAAP and Swedish GAAP
- Proven experience with near-shoring (on and off-shore liaison)
- Solid VAT Awareness
- Experience with audit liaison (internal or external)
- The ability to fluently speak (including reading & writing) in both Swedish and English (virtual / global team liaison)
- Readiness to work in a changing environment and looking to take on a real challenge
- Detail-oriented work ethic with a drive for personal development
To be discussed in detail following application approval.