We are now looking for an Analytical Biochemist to a consultant assignment at AstraZeneca in Södertälje.
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Bioanalytical and Bioassay? Would you like to apply your expertise in brand new laboratories with the highest technology, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
Then AstraZenecas new Sweden BioManufacturing Center in Södertälje might be of interest to you, we have an exciting opportunity for a QC Analytical Biochemist to join their new plant!
Please don´t hesitate and submit your application today!
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
AstraZeneca's "production heart" in Södertälje, is one of the world's largest manufacturing units for pharmaceuticals. Here, we thrive in a high-tech and LEAN-based environment where we value collaboration, improvement work and smart solutions highly.
The new Sweden BioManufacturing Center will supply the next generation of biological drugs from the AstraZeneca pipeline; supporting the acceleration of the biologics portfolio. The new manufacturing plant will focus on the filling and packaging of protein therapeutics for late stage clinical and commercial products.
The QC Analytical Biochemist performs laboratory tests in accordance with the appropriate cGXP to produce reliable and precise data to support product release and scientific investigations.
Analytical testing could include:
- Gas Chromatography
- Electophoresis - CE and iCEF
- Protein concentration UV/Vis
- Device testing
- Compedial analysis such as sub.visibleparticulate, Appearance, visible paricles.
- pH, Osmolality, extractable volume
The Analytical Biochemist also
- Prepares specimens and samples for analysis
- Writes and execution of SOP and reports
- Keeps up to date with technical developments
- Performs routine tasks accurately and following written procedures to carry out analyses. Performs data review/approval and data retention activities. Input data for trending purposes
- You will also perform a variety of non-routine testing including analytical method transfer and validation, experimental/validation work and analytical support to production
- . Maintains and operates standard laboratory equipment.
- Evaluate generated result with Empower
- Provides support to functional and cross functional investigations when needed
- Ensures the compliance with Health & Safety Guidelines, SHE policy
- Leads by example and acts as a role model according AstraZeneca values and behaviors
- Degree level/or equivalent in chemistry/biochemistry or a related discipline.
- Experience in chromatography/electrophoresis.
- Fluent in both Swedish and English.
- Experience in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environment / Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Understanding of Quality Control testing techniques.
- Previous Biopharmaceutical Industry experience.
When we at AstraZeneca see the chance to change, we take this opportunity - for every opportunity, no matter how small, can be the beginning of something big. Delivering medicine that changes people's lives is about having an entrepreneurial spirit - finding moments and understanding its potential.
AstraZeneca is therefore looking for you, who together with their team will make a difference for patients' lives every day. AstraZeneca welcome your positive attitude and your desire to develop both yourself, your team and the department
You will get use for your drive and your ability to work carefully and structured even at a high tempo.