At Research and Development you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
Propulsion Transmission Systems is responsible for delivering verified gearbox and transmission components to the Propulsion projects. The main components are automatic and manual gearboxes, shifter systems, clutch systems, drive shafts, AWD systems and Electric Rear Axle
Drive (ERAD) and Electric Front Axle Drive (EFAD).
The CAE group consists of 17 people today, both regular employees, consultants and one student. We belong to Analysis and Verification, one of the department's four sections and we perform analysis on complete transmissions as well as components, e.g. gears, bearings and castings.
- Make gear design and analysis in specific gear design software
- Participate in early product development phase with component and system analysis.
- Verify CAE models and CAE results with appropriate methods and request measurements when needed
- Plan CAE activities together with component and system responsible and be an active part of design work.
- Create and present CAE reports.
- M.Sc. or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience of the gear design and analysis
- Experience of dimensioning due to strength and durability and minimizing of TE of gears
- Experience of the gear design and analysis tools like ROMAX.
- Experience in other tools like Abaqus, Nastran and Ansa is qualifying
- Interest in cars and transmission technology
- Fluent in English
- Structured and analytical approach
- Good ability to work in teams
- Self-motivated and with own initiatives
- Drive change and implementation
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Recruiter; Pedram Yousefi, firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that our position has caught your interest and we are looking forward to your application!
Please register your application as soon as possible but not later than 2017-12-13
Please note applications through email are not acceptedAbout Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.