WE dream big, get things done, have fun, and WE make a difference!
Volvo Cars Connected Car is a Digital Development department within Volvo Cars that drives the development of Volvo Cars' Connected Car solution. We are responsible for the cloud solution and services that provides connected telematics, infotainment and other connected services for our customers and our cars. Connected Car is also responsible for daily operation of all digital products provided to the car and its users. Among those the well-known Volvo On Call, Sensus and Active Safety features.
What do we offer
Connected Car will grow its digital development capabilities to support new cloud functions needed for Autonomous Drive, Electrical Propulsion and many customer facing digital products. Additionally, the continuously growth of the number of connected cars and the increased security and privacy focus bring new demands to the cloud solution. Our development and operation are performed in close collaboration with both our internal design departments and external suppliers in a dynamic and international environment.
We now seek Senior IT Architects to strengthen our growing team!
What you´ll do
The architect we are looking for will work within the Connected Car Team with specific focus towards vehicle Cloud Analysis & Industrialization Phases and delivering top performing scalable solutions and services within the Connected Car Area. The architecture work will be related to Cloud application functionality within areas of Autonomous Drive, Active Safety, Electric Propulsion, Remote Vehicle Services and e2e connectivity.
Your daily tasks will include:
Do you fit the profile?
- Provide technical leadership for evolving architectural capabilities within your area of responsibility
- Drive alignment of ongoing and new product development with architectural strategies
- Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration Process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially with enabler Epics
- Collaborate with other architects within Volvo and outside to enable the delivery of Connected Volvo Cars services
- Develop and champion policies, standards and principles.
In order for you to fully enjoy this job, we believe that you have ideas on how the team can design software and cloud solutions in a future proof way. You should also have an understanding of methodologies like Agile, Scrum and SAFe. It is important that you have experience of mentoring and ability to coach your team colleagues in the architecture practice while at the same time be a strong individual contributor.The required qualifications are:
- Master´s degree within engineering, IT or similar
- More than 5 years of experience as a solution architect, a business architect, an enterprise architect, an information architect, an integration architect or similar role within Automotive, Telecom, Bank/Finance or IoT environments.
- Excellent knowledge of mobile (car and telecom) solutions and understanding the aspects of infrastructure, applications and data management.
- Good analytical and contextualization skills in the area of architecture with the ability to see the big picture while defining the individual elements
- Extensive knowledge in system integration, networks, web and cloud technology
- Fluent in English - verbally and written
- Experience from real-time system architecture and development
- Knowledge in embedded systems and constrained computing
A strong, driven, highly communicative and experienced person is required. You should be delivery focused and pro-active. We also believe that you are a creative, passionate and intelligent person who loves new technologies and have interest beyond just your team's objectives; you are curious about where the organization is moving as a whole.
You should also have/be:
How to learn more and apply
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey ideas in written form and the capability to share those ideas verbally in a clear, concise manner to both technical specialists and people without technical knowledge
- Good collaboration skills; comfortable working with and leading other skilled professionals in project teams towards common goals
- Flexible and adaptable: the ability to accept, promote and drive change and implementation and lead way in the organization for new perspectives
- Self-directed and organized: have a structured and analytical way of taking on tasks
Does this sound like your next challenge? Welcome with your application by submitting your resume and cover letter via the link below no later than 3:rd of June
. If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Director - Connected Car IT Concept Simon Gunnarsson email@example.com
or Director - Connected Car IT Development Johan Isaksson firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Senior Recruiter Sofia Fredriksson at email@example.com
Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future. Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we're expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we're on the lookout for new talent. We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars' journey into the future.