As Senior Application Engineer for mixers you will play a significant role for ensuring Xylem remains as the world-leading mixer and mixing solution provider to the Waste Water industry. We offer an international, exciting role which gives you the opportunity to grow and develop within the company.
As Senior Application Engineer you are responsible for ensuring that application development strategy and activities are in accordance with company goals, evolving customer needs and market/competitive dynamics. Based on solid understanding of the Customer's pain points and needs, you actively seek new effective and competitive solutions as well as design optimization opportunities and support various business- and product development projects well as competitor analyzes.
Some of your most important responsibilities will be to lead trouble-shooting activities and application development projects. This work involves both theoretical studies and practical work in our laboratory and periodically also on site. The practical laboratory work includes modelling of treatment applications, operating measuring instruments, managing data acquisition systems, analyzing measurement data and reporting the results.
Other relevant tasks
- Assign/lead/participate in Application Development projects, as producing guidelines, authoring papers, developing software tools etc..
- Active role in development of software tools for product selection and system design
- Write and publish recommendations, guidelines and papers regarding application and system engineering.
- Initiate/assign/participate in R&D projects and Trouble-shooting activities in order to increase our application know-how.
- Market our know-how through marketing activities towards the industry.
- Support the sales organization with application engineering, including product selection, system design, etc. for Treatment applications, mainly by the support system, phone, e-mail and personal interaction.
- Train the sales organization in application engineering by developing training material and organizing training events.
- To stay updated on latest scientific research and position Xylem as the thought leader in the Waste Water industry, stay in contact with Universities and network with industry experts around the world.
- Contribute to the development of the business as a whole by continuously strive to identify improvement opportunities.
As the role requires close contacts with the markets, travelling, approx. 30%, is required in order to visit conferences, trade shows, sales companies and customers. You will report to head of Mixer Sales Support & Application Development and location is at Xylem´s office in Sundbyberg.Qualifications
To be successful in this role you must have solid experience in the field of Waste Water and a Master of Science in Engineering or similar. Knowledge about Mixing Product technologies is a plus.
Additionally, you must possess thorough theoretical skills in Fluid mechanics, Hydraulic design, and Mathematical modelling & simulation. Since test planning and execution is part of your responsibility it is important you have skills in measuring techniques and data analysis and that you have experience from practical work in a laboratory environment.
You recognize yourself in our core competencies - continuous improvement mindset, inspiring accountability and cross-boundary collaboration - which are a contributing factor to the company´s success. We are looking for someone who can work independently and strategically and have good Project Management skills and demonstrated ability to resolve difficult issues. You enjoy persuading and influencing others and have a positive attitude and good collaborative skills. As you are expected to produce scientific papers, give presentations and train staff the ideal candidate has excellent pedagogical and writing skills. The work environment encourages open dialogues and a continuous improvement mind set.
Excellent skills in English, both oral and written, are essential to perform this work as part of a global company. Communication skills in Swedish are a plus.We offer
you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark , train or compete with us through our sports club Xylem IF or join our Art club to participate in art raffles or go to the theatre.Apply
for this position through our intranet. If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please contact Patrik Brask, Manager, Sales Support & Application Development, Mixers, +46 8 475 62 85 or Amelie Löjdahl, HR, +46 8 475 65 23.
Welcome with your application! Apply as soon as possible but no later than 2020-04-12.
The representative for Unionen is Mikael Lövås and the representative for the Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers Sveriges Ingenjörer is Martin Larsson, tel: +46 8 475 60 00.